V 7.6.4084 - ADX Excel Task Pane - TaskPane Instance Not Available in WorkbookOpen Event

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

V 7.6.4084 - ADX Excel Task Pane - TaskPane Instance Not Available in WorkbookOpen Event
TaskPane Instance Not Available in aixExcelEvents_WorkbookOpen Event 
Jarid Griesel

I am using Excel 2013.

I have and ADX Excel Task pane application that is loaded (i.e. aixTPxSolution.Collection.count = 1 ) with an open workbook.
I then open a existing workbook and the aixExcelEvents_WorkbookOpen event fires ( i.e. aixTPxSolution.Collection.count = 2 ) - see the code block below.

Private Sub aixExcelEvents_WorkbookOpen(sender As Object, _
hostObj As Object) Handles aixExcelEvents.WorkbookOpen
  If Me.oTPInstance.lTreeOWBVisible = True Then
    ' some code
  End If
End Sub

Friend ReadOnly Property oTPInstance() As aixTPxSolution
  '*/ object reference to the current instance of the task pane
  Get
    Return CType(aixTPxSolution.TaskPaneInstance,  _
          xSolution.aixTPxSolution)
  End Get
End Property

The TaskPaneClassName is xSolution.aixTPxSolution

Under Add-In_Expresso for Office and .Net V 7.5.4072, the property Me.oTPInstance returns the current taskpane instance in the aixExcelEvents.WorkbookOpen event. This is correct

Under the new V red version the property Me.oTPInstance evaluates to Nothing in the aixExcelEvents.WorkbookOpen event.

Upon inspection, when the aixExcelEvents.WorkbookOpen event fires for the opening of the second workbook, the aixTPxSolution.collection.count = 1 (from the original / first workbook) and the .taskpaneinstance property is Nothing. This is wrong. The .Collection.Count should now be 2 and the new task pane instance in the new Excel 2013 workbook should be the current taskpane instance.

Can you please assist.
Posted 07 Jan, 2015 08:45:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Glen,

We cannot reproduce this issue in Excel 2013 32bit build 15.0.4675.1000. We suppose however that you use Excel 2003 or 2010, not 2013. If this is the case, there's a fix which I'll send you in a moment.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Jan, 2015 08:23:42 Top
Jarid Griesel

Hi Andrei

I am using Excel 2013 32bit + all latest updates ON Windows 764bit SP1 + all latest updates.
Posted 08 Jan, 2015 11:21:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Glen,

Could you please send me a sample project to the support email address? You can find the it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Jan, 2015 02:06:03 Top
Jarid Griesel

Andrei,

Please give me about 4 - 5 days to send this to you as I have reverted back to V 7.5.4072 in the meantime while I finish off a project.

Regards
Jarid
Posted 09 Jan, 2015 08:20:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Sure.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 09 Jan, 2015 08:31:14 Top