adxOutlookEvents_InspectorActivate in VB.NET

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxOutlookEvents_InspectorActivate in VB.NET
Where is the adxOutlookEvents_InspectorActivate event in VB 
Jack Bretcher

I have a VB.NET 2005 app that I include OutlookEvents, yet all I see is the basic events. Yet when I look at the C# examples I see the adxOutlookEvents_InspectorActivate, close, new, etc events.

Where are they in a VB.Net project?

Jack
Posted 22 Jul, 2006 15:45:52 Top
Jack Bretcher

Okay, I am really confused now....

I added Outlook Item, Outlook Items and Outlook Folder events to the project to try to get the inspectorActivate events. Then I deleted them, however I now have an AddinModule.CS file in my project, I know this because a message box appears telling me that ADXOutlookItemEvents should not be used in OL2000. However, I cannot find the CS file in my solution, the only way I found it was to debug on that message box. The good news, I guess, is that the activate events are in the CS file.

Where is this file referenced? Should I use it to access the events I need? Is there a better way to do this? Should I remove the cs file, if so how??

Jack
Posted 23 Jul, 2006 22:22:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jack.

To get the InspectorActivate event you just need to add the ADXOutlooAppEvents component to the addinmodule at the design-time.
Then right click on the component and choose the Properties option.
Then open the Events tab in the Properties window and you will see all events that you need.
Posted 24 Jul, 2006 08:32:07 Top
Jack Bretcher

Sergey,

I must be missing a step. I do not see the OutlookAppEvents as a component that I can add ( http://www.aaoutlook.com/aa/comps.gif ).

What am I missing?

Jack
Posted 24 Jul, 2006 10:32:43 Top
Jack Bretcher

Okay I found the AdxOutlookEvents, I must have looked there a 20 times before and never saw it.

I still do not how the AddInModule.CS file is getting included in my application. The path for the file is:
C:\Program Files\Afalinasoft\Add-in Express .NET\QDemo\VS.NET 2005\Advanced\OutlookItemEvents\AddinModule.cs
Yet, there is no reference to it in the project that I can find.

Jack
Posted 24 Jul, 2006 11:15:16 Top
Jack Bretcher

Got it. I had a demo add-in that was loading that module. What was confusing is that I was debugging one add-in and it inserted the addinmodule.cs from the other addin in the debug environment making it look like my project was calling that code...

Jack
Posted 24 Jul, 2006 15:12:02 Top