Configuration for proxy server in clickonce application

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Configuration for proxy server in clickonce application
To configure proxy server while creating clickonce application 
karthikeyan R

Hi,
I have created a clickonce application and it is working fine until i placed it in a proxy configured machine.
While installing a clickonce application in a machine where proxy has been enabled i received the following error.
An error occurred trying to download 'https://server.com/setup/excel-addin/exceladdin.application'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\MPT201~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDEC33.tmp\install.log' for more information.

In the log file i received a message as below:::::
The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = SpecificSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697191'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://server.com/setup/excel-addin/exceladdin.application'.

Where i have been configured in the browser also and i don't know how to configure proxy information in clickonce application.
Kindly help me on this scenario as soon as possible
Hoping for a response from your end.
Thanks
Karthik
Posted 01 Aug, 2014 00:55:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Posted 01 Aug, 2014 02:39:34 Top
karthikeyan R

Hi Andrei,
Thanks for your quick response,I could understand the logic that you are referring to but the scenario which I had is I have my clickonce application in the server where many users will download it and use it ,in that case if they enabled proxy or firewall that prevents identifying my web page in the system then they can't install the application forever.
In that case I was referring like to do some workaround to identify the proxy while creating a clickonce application and warn the user,so that they would remove it and start installing.
If you have anything like this that would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Karthik
Posted 01 Aug, 2014 05:03:53 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Karthik,

If you talk about administrators not allowing access to your application, you need to talk to them and explain your problem. If you talk about an end user who has a firewall enabled, you need to supply an instruction.

karthikeyan R writes:
In that case I was referring like to do some workaround to identify the proxy while creating a clickonce application and warn the user,so that they would remove it and start installing.

If you talk about an end user, there cannot be a workaround here. Just imagine, the user cannot start installing the ClickOnce application because of a firewall; there's no way for your code to be run in this situation.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Aug, 2014 05:27:35 Top