WaitOne is stack when outlook loads on "Send to" from explorer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WaitOne is stack when outlook loads on "Send to" from explorer

Igor Govorov

Hi Guys,

In the Constructor of AddInFramework, that inherits from ADXAddinModule, I can't use WaitHandle.WaitOne() method because if the Outlook process closed and I use the "Send to" option (right click from explorer on file -> Send to) to send a mail, it hangs on WaitOne (with timeout) and doesn't get released until the UI is closed.

I reproduced the issue on Outlook 2013 and 2010.

So now I am forced to use native synchronization using WaitForSingleObject() (that works for me), is there a better way to solve it?
Posted 08 Jul, 2014 03:33:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Igor,

Can't say that I understand your goals. Plus, we haven't used WaitHandle.WaitOne() so we cannot recommend you anything.

FYI, if Outlook isn't running and you choose Send To | Mail Recipient in windows Explorer, this starts Outlook, creates the add-in module (the constructor is run) and shows the Inspector window modally. When you close the Inspector window, the add-in receives the AddinInitialize and AddinstartupComplete events (which means the add-in isn't loaded by Office until these events occur) and finally the Quit event of the Outlook.Application object.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 08 Jul, 2014 04:43:34 Top