...when trying to add a ADX Outlook Folder Form 
Ronald Bouras

hi everybody.

our configuration:
adx extensions 1.2.898.2005
add-in express 2.6.1760
office 2003 german / windows xp prof. german
vs 2005

we got some heavy problems here using your adx extensions during the last couple of days.

the short story:
trying to add an adx outlook folder form to a project ends up in an error message saying "Unsupported project type". Afterwards the dialog "Add new element" is again redisplayed.
the adxolformsmanager has already been placed onto the add-in module - so this is not the problem.

the long story:
we just couldn´t manage to create new adx plugins for outlook anymore containing the forms manager. any new project would be registered but deactivated in outlook. the message translated from german would say something like "Error occured during load; add-in disabled"

so we were guessing: let´s try the actual builds/patches of afalina and so we installed adx extensions 1.2.898.2005 and add-in express 2.6.1760 (in this order).
afterwards the addin module didn´t offer the option "Add Outlook forms manager" anymore!
So we deinstalled all afalina products from scratch again and reinstalled FIRST the addin express and THEN the adx extensions.
then we had the option again.
but now new projects don´t allow us, to add adx outlook folder forms anymore saying "Unsupported project type".
funnily enough existing projects (created with the prior version of adx extensions), already containing at last ONE adx outlook folder form don´t have any problems adding more of them.

adding the existing adxolform from your hello world sample to the "problem project" also works, but still afterwards adding a new item of that class is still not possible.

please help us out as soon as possible.

regards
ron
Posted 11 Jul, 2006 17:07:55 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

What language do you use in the project that does not allow to add an ADXOlForm?

As to "Error occured during load; add-in disabled", please tell me if you have the folowing things: a) a Shim project in your solution, b) the outlook.exe.config file (it can be found in the same folder where outlook.exe is located) - if yes, please send me its contents. What Frameworks are installed on your PC? Do you have other Outlook .NET add-ins installed?

Note, you must always install ADX Extensions after Add-in Express.
Posted 12 Jul, 2006 04:16:56 Top
Ronald Bouras

hi fedor,

language is c#.
there is already one addin of another project of ours installed that keeps working fine.

all projects are shimmed.
note: you promised in february to add a wizzard to shim existing projects afterwards for the next build. i cannot find this feature - is this not included yet?

frameworks Versions are 2.0.50727.42 and Version 1.1.4322.573

i do not have a outlook.exe.config file anywhere on my computer.
where would this come from?

hope that helps to help ;-)

regards
ron

Posted 12 Jul, 2006 04:53:30 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Ron,

I've answered you in the personal email.
Posted 12 Jul, 2006 06:44:43 Top
Ronald Bouras

to whom it may concern:

the problem is solved in terms that solution subfolders prevent adx extensions from determining the project type.

this will be fixed soon.

right now you can avoid the problem by leaving your project on solution top level and DO NOT MOVE it to a solution subfolder before all the adx forms you need are added to the project.

regards

ron

Posted 17 Jul, 2006 10:00:47 Top