Add logic to existing keyboard shortcut

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add logic to existing keyboard shortcut

BluePosition

I am trying to add some logic to be executed on an existing keyboard shortcut in Outlook. Basicly I want to trigger my code when the users presses Alt+S in an inspector for an appointment/meeting item, do some stuff and then most importantly, continue with the existing behaviour of that shortcut ie. save and close the inspector.

I was able to do this with versions before Outlook 2010, but 2010 and onwards only lets me intercept the shortcut - not continue with the existing logic.

Is it possible to let Outlook continue with what it is supposed to after my code is executed?
Posted 25 Feb, 2014 03:05:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

BluePosition writes:
Is it possible to let Outlook continue with what it is supposed to after my code is executed?

No it isn't. You can imitate this by calling Save and Close in your code. You can also invoke the corresponding Ribbon button in your code: get Inspector.commandbars and call Commandbars.ExecuteMso("%the Id of the corresponding built-in button%")

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Feb, 2014 05:00:01 Top
BluePosition

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that won't solved the problem, but we will settle without the extra logic added to the shortcut.
Posted 25 Feb, 2014 06:13:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 25 Feb, 2014 06:20:47 Top