Validate sending Mail

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Validate sending Mail
Validate sending Mail only when it satisfies some condition 
shravan chintapatla

Hi,

we are new to Outlook Add-ins,so took up Add-in Express for Outlook Region.
we want to restrict sending Mail,with out selecting a value from Form Region.So How can we Achieve this using Outlook Region Add-in Express.Kindly Help us on this.
Posted 03 Feb, 2014 23:22:05 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Shravan,

Add-in Express Regions for Outlook and VSTO (ADX.OL.Regions) is about adding Add-in Express regions to a VSTO-based Outlook add-in.

As to Add-in Express for Office and .NET (ADX.NET), it is about creating non-VSTO Office add-ins; the complete functionality of ADX.OL.Regions is included into this product.

That is, if you use ADX.OL.Regions, you need to deal with intercepting the send yourself. If you use ADX.NET, there's a component intercepting the corresponding event.

I suppose you need to use ADX.NET, not ADX.OL.Regions. Am I right? If so, I suggest that you contact our sales, see the contact form at http://www.add-in-express.com/purchase/ask-questions.php.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 04 Feb, 2014 00:16:06 Top
shravan chintapatla

yes We have ADX.NET now
Posted 05 Feb, 2014 04:57:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Feb, 2014 05:48:09 Top
shravan chintapatla

Andrei Smolin writes:
Add-in Express Regions for Outlook and VSTO (ADX.OL.Regions) is about adding Add-in Express regions to a VSTO-based Outlook add-in.

As to Add-in Express for Office and .NET (ADX.NET), it is about creating non-VSTO Office add-ins; the complete functionality of ADX.OL.Regions is included into this product.

That is, if you use ADX.OL.Regions, you need to deal with intercepting the send yourself. If you use ADX.NET, there's a component intercepting the corresponding event.

I suppose you need to use ADX.NET, not ADX.OL.Regions. Am I right? If so, I suggest that you contact our sales, see the contact form at http://www.add-in-express.com/purchase/ask-questions.php.

Yes took up Add-in Express for Office as you Said,How can we start with this now?
Posted 05 Feb, 2014 06:19:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Shravan,

You need to intercept the ItemSend event of the Outlook.Application object. In Addd-in Express, this event is mapped to the ItemSend event of the ADXOutlookAppEvents; you need to put this component onto the add-in module.

In the vent handler, you get the item being sent (e.Item), get the inspector window containing the mail item being sent (say MailItem.GetInspector), then you get an instance of your form in the inspector window (see ADXOlFormsCollectionItem.GetForm()) and verify the email and settings by calling a method defined in the form.

To cancel the send, you set e.Cancel = true.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Feb, 2014 06:37:57 Top