Outlook takes focus back

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook takes focus back
when certain key are pressed on subpane forms 
Ronald Bouras

hi everybody,

i am working with add-in express and encountered the following problem when building my own explorer subpane for (example) a contact folder:

my form (your ADXOlForm derivate) has a textbox. when i try to enter a "@" sign into the textbox, outlook takes the focus and the textbox loses the focus for writing.

this phenomenon also happens when i try to copy or paste information from or into a textbox on the subpane with <Ctrl-C> or <Ctrl-V>: outlook not only takes the focus but even uses the function to copy and paste the whole contact!

it seems to happen with all alt, ctrl and alt gr keys, which also means, that users can not access controls via shortcuts.

is this a feature i can disable?

form keypreview = true did not help...

thanx for any help from your side

regards

ron
Posted 02 Jul, 2006 17:11:03 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Thanks Ron,

We will fix <Ctrl-C> and <Ctrl-V> bugs in the next release.
I can not to reproduce the <@> issue. Please, inform me of Outlook and Visual Studio versions you are using.
Posted 03 Jul, 2006 05:57:37 Top
Ronald Bouras

hi fedor

outlook version is 2003, vs is 2005.
the "@" issue comes from pressing <alt gr> + Q on a german keyboard to get the symbol, so on an american keyboard this might not be an issue :-)

is there a date for the next release?

regards
ron
Posted 03 Jul, 2006 06:24:58 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Thanks Ron,

We have fixed the <alt gr> + Q bug in the Version 1.3 Build 899 (Premium build).
It will be made available for both Professional and Premium users today. We also about to send it to you by email.
Posted 04 Jul, 2006 09:33:34 Top