Add-In Express Regions visual issues

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In Express Regions visual issues
The designer content doesn't match the real inspector content 
Alex Baukov

Hi,
I'm new to Add-In Express and I'm using Regions for Outlook & VSTO. What I need is to add a panel for appointment above the regular appointment fields (above the "Subject") where I'll have 2 controls - label and dropdown. But I'm having issues with visual design and how it's then displayed in the appointment window:
1) By default, the form takes about a half of appointment window's height, though in designer it has Height=30. To fix this, I needed to hardcode setting height to 30 in ADXAfterFormShow event.
2) The pane is not resizable for the user, though I tried setting separator both to Normal and None. There is a separator (visually as 5 dots) and its getting selected with orange when I click it, but doesn't move it when I try to drag it by the mouse.
3) The size of controls in visual designer doesn't match the size of controls on the form. I needed to put left side of the dropdown above the end of the label in designer to make it look normally in the appointment window.
4) I want the dropdown to fill the whole available width (like other fields - Subject, Location). I set Right anchor for it, but in this case the right side of it on the appointment form goes out of the right side of the screen and I don't see an arrow button to choose from the dropdown.

I'm not sure whether all these 3 issues are dependant on each other, but I'm definitely doing something wrong. If it's necessary I can give some screenshots.
I'm using the latest software: Add-In Express Regions (2.2), Visual Studio 2012, VSTO for Visual Studio 2012 & MS Outlook 2013.
Posted 28 Oct, 2013 03:52:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alex,

The form shown using Splitter=Standard is resizable by the user. The form size is saved to/taken from the registry, see HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ADXForm.

The form shown using Splitter=None is resizable by the developer. The form size is taken from design-time settings.

I suppose the above will help in solveing the other issues. If the above doesn't help, please provide some code for me to see the issue #3.

Thank you for providing details about software used.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Oct, 2013 05:11:15 Top
Alex Baukov

Andrei,
Thanks - issue 1) was gone by removing all entries from the given registry location.
As for the rest of issues, I'm not sure which code you need.
Here is the code for the form creation:

#region ExtraFieldsForm

// TODO: Use the ExtraFieldsFormItem properties to configure the region's location, appearance and behavior.
// See the "The UI Mechanics" chapter of the Add-in Express Developer's Guide for more information.

ExtraFieldsFormItem = new ADXOlFormsCollectionItem();
ExtraFieldsFormItem.ExplorerLayout = ADXOlExplorerLayout.TopReadingPane;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.InspectorLayout = ADXOlInspectorLayout.TopSubpane;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.InspectorItemTypes = ADXOlInspectorItemTypes.olAppointment
| ADXOlInspectorItemTypes.olMeetingRequest;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.InspectorMode = ADXOlInspectorMode.Compose;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.UseOfficeThemeForBackground = true;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.FormClassName = typeof(ExtraFieldsForm).FullName;
ExtraFieldsFormItem.DefaultRegionState = ADXRegionState.Normal;
this.FormsManager.Items.Add(ExtraFieldsFormItem);
#endregion

Here is how it looks in visual designer:
http://i43.tinypic.com/1dmkz.png

And here is how it looks in Outlook (here I clicked the separator but it cannot be dragged):
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rc974l.png

Please let me know which other info you may need, or I can send the whole solution to you.
Posted 28 Oct, 2013 09:07:33 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Alex,

The second screenshot shows that you have some other add-in showing its pane to the right of the appointment body. I suppose it causes the issue. Can you please turn the corresponding add-in off?

As to sizing the pane, don't use the button (this is a button!), position the cursor to the right (left) of it.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 28 Oct, 2013 09:32:34 Top
Alex Baukov

Andrei,
This was not another add-in, this was another ADX form (I created it), and it is not the case for issues.
I removed (commented) it and this didn't resolve issues 3) and 4).
Here is the updated Outlook screenshot (now I included the whole screen to be sure):
http://i39.tinypic.com/bg7b5.png

Please note that issue 3) is also reproduced, the dropdown on the designer is partially laid on the "Client Name" label, though in Outlook they are separate.
Posted 28 Oct, 2013 12:33:53 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Alex,

Could you please send the test project to the support email address? Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Oct, 2013 02:06:22 Top
Alex Baukov

Andrei,
Just did it.
Posted 29 Oct, 2013 06:53:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Alex,

It works for me.

User added an image

What DPI settings are you using? What DPI what used when creating the project?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 29 Oct, 2013 07:48:28 Top
Alex Baukov

Andrei,
You are right - I was using 125% setting in Personalize - Display.
But what you mean by DPI used when creating the project? Where do I specify this and for what?
Posted 29 Oct, 2013 11:38:37 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alex,

Does the issue occur if you create a new project?

Please check http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229605.aspx.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 30 Oct, 2013 05:57:44 Top