ADX Outlook Extension - Explorer Form on the right of Reading Pane?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADX Outlook Extension - Explorer Form on the right of Reading Pane?

fearlessfrog

Hello,

Is it possible to put a ADX Form on the right hand side (up against the right side of the Outlook Explorer window) past the Reading Pane (the email preview window)? When I set the form to:

ADXOlExplorerLayout.RightSubpane

it still appears to the left of the Reading Pane, which isn't what I want, i.e. not like an Outlook 2007 'Task Pane'...

Also, is it possible to resize these form, or remember their size by using the splitter. I realize that there is code needed to do this, but wanted to check it was possible before I try.

Thanks.
Posted 30 Jun, 2006 13:43:58 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello,

Also, is it possible to resize these form ...

We will fix this issue in the next release.

Is it possible to put a ADX Form on the right hand side...

Unfortunately, no.
Posted 03 Jul, 2006 07:03:55 Top
fearlessfrog

We will fix this issue in the next release.

As a workaround until then (far away?), might it be possible to use the forms Resize event, remember the new Height/Width and then perhaps close and then reopen the form with the new sizes? That might make it 'resize'?

Is it possible to put a ADX Form on the right hand side...

Unfortunately, no.

:( - This is a real shame. One of the reasons I wanted to use ADX Extensions was to make my Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 (beta) addin look similar. Not being able to make a 'task pane' (to the right of the reading pane) is a real problem, and I think for others too.

If there is anyway (however hacky) around this I would love to know.

Posted 03 Jul, 2006 08:16:03 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

We have fixed the ADXOLForm resize issue in the Version 1.3 Build 899 (Premium build).

As for ADXOLForm placing we don not allow placing an ADXOLForm at the right of the Reading Pane because of design considerations. They are principal enough.

As a partial workaround you can try to place the Reading Pane to the bottom of the Outlook window.

Posted 04 Jul, 2006 09:53:18 Top
fearlessfrog

As for ADXOLForm placing we don not allow placing an ADXOLForm at the right of the Reading Pane because of design considerations. They are principal enough.

My apologies, I don't understand this part.

Do you mean that it is not possible due to hard contraints within Outlook or do you mean that it's against the design principals of ADXOLForm?

As a partial workaround you can try to place the Reading Pane to the bottom of the Outlook window.

Yes, I will try - but I have to convince all my customers that use my Add-in to do the same. And you know what users are like, very hard to please! :D
Posted 04 Jul, 2006 13:54:28 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

It's against the design principals of ADXOLForm.
As I said in my email, we will re-discuss it here at September. Thank you, David.
Posted 06 Jul, 2006 08:17:21 Top