OS Loader Lock Error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OS Loader Lock Error

Brian Leach

When I exit MS Project, I get the error: "Attempted managed execution inside OS Loader Lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DLLMain or image intialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang."

I've read all of the threads related to this warning, and it seems like the message causes no harm, but I have to click the "Continue" button a few times to get rid of it, and I'm wondering if anyone has fund a way to not have this message appear.

Thanks,

Brian Leach
Posted 27 Jun, 2006 08:33:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Brian, this issue appears in the debug mode in VS 2005 if you use the C++ shim for the add-in. Now I am working on this issue and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
To disable this dialog please unregister the add-in, clear the ShimProgID property of the addinmodule and register the project again. Now the add-in doesn't use the shim and the dialog will not appear. This is the temporary step and you will need to restore the value of the ShimProgID property when the add-in is released.
Posted 27 Jun, 2006 10:08:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Brian,

Sergey's post makes an impression that this is our bug. I am proud :) to say this is not our bug - it's one of MS bugs we see here every day. Try to imagine how we are tired of it. That's why Sergey is investigating possible workarounds. He will notify you about results.
Posted 27 Jun, 2006 10:30:43 Top
Rick Dalgren

I'm experiencing the same issue. Could I be notified when a fix is available?

Thanks!

Rick
Posted 12 Jul, 2006 10:49:35 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Rick.

The fact is that we describe all changes/fixes in the whatsnew.txt file. You will read about this issue in that file.
Posted 13 Jul, 2006 08:19:12 Top