Closing Outlook issues

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Closing Outlook issues
Any suggestions? 
Rick Dalgren

I'm using Addin Express .NET 2.6.1760.2003

Let me start by saying that I am relatively new to Outlook and COM programming, so, bear with me.....

When I start Outlook, my addin loads fine. When I close Outlook, it closes quickly (i.e., the process in task manager closes quickly).

The problems start when I open a new mail item, close the mail item and then close Outlook, an exception is thrown and I get the following error in the event viewer...

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 1.1.4322.2032, fault address 0x00071bd8.

I'm attaching an event to the inspector close event, so, I'm releasing the inspector (Marshal.ReleaseComObject) and setting it to null. But, I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What else should I be releasing? I guessing that I'm just missing something very simple.

Thanks!

Rick

Posted 26 Jun, 2006 14:17:16 Top
Rick Dalgren

Well, it appears that the problem was with my own event handlers... even though I was removing them. Now that I'm using the handlers built into addin express, I'm good to go!

Anyway, sorry... I should've RTFM before posting!!!!! :oops:

Posted 26 Jun, 2006 15:48:51 Top