Various terminal server installation issues

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Various terminal server installation issues

Thomas Strau?

Hi,

we have various issues regarding a citrix terminal server installation.

- The one-click installer did not work, because the admin refuses the users the right to add software to the start-menu. Since I found no way to disable this behavior, I cannot use this type of setup:
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [10.07.2013 14:27:07] : Activation of N:\SRS\addin.application has started.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:07] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:07] : Installation of the application has started.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:08] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:16] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:16] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:16] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:16] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [10.07.2013 14:27:17] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
- Access to the path '\\wbfile1\startmenuxa6$\Programs\Programs\SRS-Management GmbH' is denied.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.UpdateShortcuts(SubscriptionState subState, ShellExposureInformation& shellExposureInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ShellExposure.UpdateSubscriptionShellExposure(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

- I tried MSI setup with WiX Tools, but on the Terminal Server, MSI setup is not allowed. I dumped this way.

- Installation finally succeeded only manually: Use the files collected by the installer and copy the ZIP to the Terminal server users network home and run regsrv32 on the add-in. This worked and seems an OK solution.

- We found an issue in our application code and wanted to update the Add-In on the terminal server, but now, we cannot unregister the DLL because some user on the server is running Excel. Is there a way to unregister the DLL anyway? The Add-In is "per-user", is it enough to deactivate it from Excel-menu? ("You have Excel running at the moment. Please close the application.")

Can you give additional information regarding these issues?

Thanks,

Thomas
Posted 10 Jul, 2013 10:41:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Thomas,

Welcome on board!

I suppose that (the RegisterForAllUsers of the add-in module is true OR adxloader.dll.manifest mentions privileges="administrator") AND you run regsvr32 from an elevated command line prompt. Can you please confirm? Is adxregistrator.log created when you run the .MSI?

Thomas Strau? writes:
- I tried MSI setup with WiX Tools, but on the Terminal Server, MSI setup is not allowed.

What message(s) do you get?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Jul, 2013 06:51:42 Top