Options Page error in release mode

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Options Page error in release mode

nistech

I added a new property page and set it in the addinModule to be the PageProgID. In debug mode everything works great. In release mode as soon as I click on my propertys tab in the Outlook options I get this error:

Unable to display "addin name" page. This page will remain visible, but is not available.

I can't step through the code or find any bugs since debug mode works fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted 31 May, 2006 20:22:21 Top
nistech

So I created 2 new projects. In one I used the C++ shim. In the other I didn't. In both cases I added an Outlook property page and just put a label on that page. I put both in Release mode and made the setup project.

I then took a new virtual machine with Outlook 2000. I tried the installer that didn't have the C++ shim. That project worked fine. I could open the Outlook Options and could use my tab with a label on it. The I installed the project that had the shim. I would get the error when I tried to switch to it's option tab.

Unable to display "addin name" page. This page will remain visible, but is not available.

I looked over the new ADX header toy's code Sergey wrote in VS 2005 and it doesn't use a shim. I'm wondering now is no shim the way to go. It seems like it just doesn't work even right out of the box.
Posted 31 May, 2006 23:22:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew.

You just need to set the Register property of the add-in primary output to 'vsdrpCOM' in the setup project.
Posted 01 Jun, 2006 08:29:28 Top
nistech

Great. Thanks. One more question. Since ADX doesn't set that by default does that mean there is a senerio where we don't want that property set to vsdrpCOM?
Posted 01 Jun, 2006 13:36:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew.

The Register property of the setup project should only be set to true if you have Outlook property pages or any other COM/ActiveX components added to the add-in code.
Posted 02 Jun, 2006 06:17:45 Top