Outlook Security Manager

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Security Manager

mitchel c

Hello,

The pdf suggests I deploy secman.dll to "Please pay attention that you should place secman.dll and osmax.ocx as shared DLLs into the shared folder of Windows, Common Files \ Outlook Security Manager."

To confirm it is referring to this folder?
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Outlook Security Manager\

Also, there is no osmax.ocx that I can see...perhaps related to an older version of this product?

Installing this won't affect a pc without Outlook will it?

And lastly, Leaving it installed when uninstalling my software is okay, right? I am thinking that if it is installed and another product is installed that uses this file afterwards, I will not know. So I shouldn't uninstall it.

Thanks,
Mitchel
Posted 23 May, 2006 09:28:36 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mitchel.

Yes, it is the <The system drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Outlook Security Manager\ folder.

The osmax.ocx file is the ActiveX edition of the Outlook Security Manager component. The fact is that the pdf file has been written for three products at the same time: OSM .NET, OSM VCL and OSM ActiveX.
The OSM component can be deployed on a PC without Outlook installed.
You shouldn't unregister the secman.dll while you uninstall your application. However the SecurityManager.dll assembly should be removed from the installation folder while the application is uninstalled.
Posted 23 May, 2006 11:51:16 Top