xll udf rtd in one assembly blog post

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

xll udf rtd in one assembly blog post
testing the code 
Pierpaolo Paparo

Hi,
I have download the sample fr om this blog post

http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/03/24/addin-xll-rtd-one-assembly/

and I have opened it in VC# Express 2010. There is no error in the conversion and it compiles well.
However when I run it (after upgrading the loader) the Add-in does not work weel.
When I click the Add-in in Excel, it seems thath the mscore.dll is working, not the dll in my project.

To be fair, If I open the project in VS2008 it works well.
Is there anything I can do to make it work in C# Express?

As a side note. Can I develop in C# Express 2010 multiple extension Office Add-in? Or is there any lim itation?

Many Thanks

Pierpaolo
Posted 22 Jul, 2012 09:22:34 Top
Pierpaolo Paparo

I have actually tried to create another COM Add-in, and it also gets registered in the
mscoree.dll, instead of the Add-in Express Loader.
It is loaded in the default AppDomain.

What shall I do to fix it?

Thanks
Posted 22 Jul, 2012 11:25:55 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Pierpaolo,

Did you rename the loader after upgrading? May I get the adxloader.log file from the PC with the Visual C# 2010 Express installed?

Typically you can find the Add-in Express log files in the <My Documents>\Add-in Express folder.

Sorry, but I don't quite understand you. What do you mean saying "multiple extension Office Add-in"? Anyway, please understand that all limitations comes from Visual Studio (for example, the Express edition doesn't support creating MSI installers and etc.).
Posted 22 Jul, 2012 12:07:09 Top
Pierpaolo Paparo

Hi Eugene,

I have reinstalled C# Express and now it looks allright.

Thanks
Posted 23 Jul, 2012 08:12:03 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Pierpaolo,

Thank you for letting us know!
Good luck with your add-in project! :-)
Posted 23 Jul, 2012 08:22:46 Top