What type of Ribbon Control is this?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

What type of Ribbon Control is this?

Heinz-Josef Bomanns

Hi,

in Word 2010/2007 in the Start/Home tab there's a ribbon control for applying styles (4. group in tab) - does anybody know what type of ADX Ribbon Control i have to use to get this functionality? Thanks...
Posted 26 Jun, 2012 11:03:20 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Heinz-Josef,

This is a gallery. Please try to use the ADXRibbonGallery class if you want to imitate the Quick styles control.
Posted 26 Jun, 2012 11:09:16 Top
Heinz-Josef Bomanns

Hi Eugene,

i tried the ADXRibbonGallery earlier, but it doesn't work like the control in Word: It is displayed as a regular single dropdown button with a caption and a little black arrow. Clicking on that it shows the gallery items as a dropdown menu similar to that one in 'Page layout', 'Margins'. It does not show items directly in the group next to each other, it has not this two arrows to the right to scroll through the items, it has not the dropdown arrow to the right to get the full view of the gallery and it has no size grip on the bottom to resize the gallery to show more items. I've send you a mail to the address found in readme.txt with a picture how it looks on my side...
Posted 26 Jun, 2012 19:52:50 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Heinz-Josef,

Thank you for providing me with screenshots.

Unfortunately the Ribbon UI doesn't allow to replicate the Quick Style gallery completely. Note, this limitation doesn't belong to Add-in Express; it comes from Office.

I've seen many times questions related to the Quick Styles gallery and no one can replicate look and feel of the built-in control.
Posted 27 Jun, 2012 04:36:32 Top
Heinz-Josef Bomanns

Hi Eugene,

thanks for figuring out - no one would blame that on ADX, it's just another example for controls available in the Office GUI but not via object model...
Posted 28 Jun, 2012 00:21:48 Top
Eugene Astafiev

You are welcome, Heinz-Josef!
Posted 28 Jun, 2012 05:34:00 Top