3 Excel Add-ins loaded for COM+XLL+RTD add-in

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

3 Excel Add-ins loaded for COM+XLL+RTD add-in

nwein

Our add-in is a combination of COM add-in (ADXAddinModule), XLL addin (ADXXLLModule) and RTD add-in (ADXRTDServerModule).
If I open an empty Excel file, one that doesn't have any RTD formulas in it, I can see in my file > options > add-ins menu that both the COM and Excel add-ins are loaded.
However, and I'm not sure as I can't remember if I've ever noticed it before, if I subscribe to an RTD formula and look at my file > options > add-ins again I see the COM add-in along with 2 Excel add-ins, all from the same loader; the "new" add-in has some GUID for its description (though it's not any of my GUIDs in any of my add-ins).
Is this the normal behaviour of a tri-add-in? loading all 3 modules as separate add-ins when applicable?
I also noticed that when there are no more RTD formulas in the workbook, that 3rd add-in is unloaded and i'm left with only those two others.
Just curious.
Posted 15 Jun, 2012 17:00:56 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Nir,

I've reproduced the issue in Excel 2010 SP1 32bit. I suppose this relates only to the way Excel displays add-ins in that list: the "new" add-in isn't listed in the Excel Add-ins dialog nor in the Application.Addins2 collection.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 18 Jun, 2012 05:07:46 Top