Taskpane Scrolling behavior

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Taskpane Scrolling behavior

Kris Jones

I have a weird behavior going on with my two ADX Taskpanes, just as a bit of background. All that both taskpanes have on them are web browsers that navigate out to our website and allow the user to download content and then I ins ert it straight into power point. Now the weird behavior that I have going on is After the insert anything or open a template up if you are in the task pane and scroll to either the top or the bottom that it then changes what slide you are on, both in the normal view and the Main window. I've looked through my code and have not found anything that would cause something as such as I don't do anything with scrolling. Am I just missing a se tting or is this a flaw? I've never had this happen in a VSTO created Taskpane.

Thanks
Kris
Posted 07 May, 2012 13:39:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Kris,

Could please prepare and send a sample add-in project which can reproduce the issue to the support e-mail address (see readme.txt for details)? Note, I am interested in a newly created clean add-in project (source code). The required steps for repoducing the issue are much appreciated too. What PowerPoint version do you have installed?
Posted 07 May, 2012 15:29:23 Top
Kris Jones

Eugene,

I will get a sample project created really quick, and emailed to you. I currently have both 2010 and 2007 installed for debugging. And it seems to be happening in both.

Thanks
Kris
Posted 08 May, 2012 09:24:43 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Kris,

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the PowerPoint About dialog box too? Also please make sure that you have all the latest service packs installed for the OS, Visual Studio, .net and Office.
Posted 08 May, 2012 09:41:44 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Kris,

I have tried to reproduce the issue with regular windows forms controls that have scroll bars (for example, ListBox) and couldn't do this. It looks like the issue comes from the WebBrowser control. Moreover, the following record is listed in the whatsnew.txt file:

WebBrowser Control Issues:
- In Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, a host application may lose the focus after activating the WebBrowser control placed on an advanced region or advanced task pane (Cases #853).

As a workaround you can add the following code to the AddinExpress.PP.ADXPowerPointTaskPane form:

const int WM_MOUSEWHEEL = 0x020A;
protected override void WndProc(ref Message m)
{
   if (m.Msg == WM_MOUSEWHEEL)
   {
      PreProcessMessage(ref m);
      m.Result = IntPtr.Zero;
   }
   else
      base.WndProc(ref m);
}

Please let me know whether it helps you too.
Posted 10 May, 2012 10:46:58 Top
Kris Jones

This worked perfectly!

Thanks for the code and the help Eugene!
Kris
Posted 10 May, 2012 11:20:02 Top