ContactItem property changed event

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ContactItem property changed event

Wyatt Albiston

Is it possible to use the ItemEvents_10_PropertyChangeEventHandler with adx?? I've been able to register the event when the add-in starts but it only runs once do to the garbage collector in .NET. Have you come up with or know of a solution to this problem?

I need to know the property name that was updated, and this event provides the name. The work that could be avoided by using this method would be huge.

Thanks,
Wyatt

PS: Your OutlookItemEventsClass lists a method called public override void ProcessPropertyChange(string name). How is that used?
Posted 14 May, 2006 00:19:27 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Wyatt.

Please look at the OutlookItemEvents example from the ADX installation package to learn how you can use the OutlookItemEventsClass class in your code.
Posted 15 May, 2006 05:31:51 Top
Wyatt Albiston

I've got that figured out. The issue I had was that if they edit the item without opening the item in the edit form the property changed event is not fired.

If you want to see it for yourself. Open Outlook with the events class setup to detect the property changed event for contacts. Without double clicking on the contact, change a property and hit enter or click on another contact. The contact items property is changed but the event is never fired.

Is there a way around this? I thought about disabling the user?Â?Ð?és ability to edit from that screen and force them to open the contact item first. However this may be the primary way some users edit contact items and I would hate to take that away from them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wyatt
Posted 15 May, 2006 10:51:24 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Wyatt, in this case you should use the OutlookItemsEvents class.
Posted 15 May, 2006 11:29:53 Top