XLL module not loading in Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Carlos Gravato

Hello,

We have a customer who is having problems with the UDFs in our COM + XLL Excel add-in. In one specific machine, the XLL module just doesn't get loaded in Excel and no errors are shown. The UDFs don't appear in the functions list. Exactly the same build, works on all other computers where it's installed.
So far, the information I gathered is:
- Windows XP SP3
- Office 2007
- The XLL module is registered, appears in the Excel add-ins list and is enabled
- Its manifest file has the privileges defined to user

I've tried searching the forum for something that could help me, but no luck.

Could you give me some hints on how to work this out?
Thanks
Posted 20 Dec, 2011 05:04:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Carlos,

Carlos Gravato writes:
- The XLL module is registered, appears in the Excel add-ins list and is enabled

Do you mean "COM add-in module"? If no, then what do you mean by "The UDFs don't appear in the functions list"?

Can you send me the adxloader.log and adxregistrator.log from that machine? Please find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. And make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Dec, 2011 05:57:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Carlos,

Thank you for sending me that info.

Can you send me the InitializeComponent() from your add-in module? I talk about the COM add-n, not the XLL add-in.

Then, please check if turning off all other Excel extensions helps. To turn a COM add-in off, you need to set LoadBehavior=0 in {HKLM and HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins. Aslo, please make sure that you turn off Excel UDFs and Smart Tags.

Also, please let me know if there's an Excel.exe.config file in the Office folder; if the file exists, please tell me what .NET Framework version it points to.

Is the affected user an administrator on that PC?

When you close Excel, is there Excel.exe hanging in the Processes list of the Task Manager window?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 20 Dec, 2011 07:07:22 Top
Carlos Gravato

Hi Andrei,

I've responded with more info about the subject to your support e-mail.

Regards,

Carlos Gravato
Posted 21 Dec, 2011 04:44:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Cralos,

Make sure that adxloader.dll.manifest in your project contains the xllClass attribute. You can create a new COM add-in project, add an XLL module and compare the project?Â?Ð?és adxloader.dll.manifest with your adxloader.dll.manifest. If the attribute is okay, try to install that sample add-in and check if it works.

You can also send me your project with any business logic removed.

Oh, and please try to find out why adxregistrator.log is missing.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 21 Dec, 2011 11:10:32 Top