Accessing Controls on Region Forms in Outlook Addins?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Accessing Controls on Region Forms in Outlook Addins?
How do you access windows controls on ADXForms from code in the ADXModule or other locations in an app 
This forum has moved to a new location. From now on, please post all your questions about Add-in Express Regions on .NET and VSTO forum.
Joyce Cooper

How do you access windows controls on ADXForms from code in the ADXModule or other locations in an app?

Do you use a delegate if can you show and example of accessing a control on a region form from the addin Modle or some other location in the addin - it other threads? :?:
Posted 09 Jun, 2011 15:43:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Joyce,

Please take a look at the http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=7927&MID=39953#message39953 forum thread. Is it what you are looking for?
Posted 10 Jun, 2011 02:56:38 Top
Joyce Cooper

This tells me how to identify a form that is a region but how does one access the controls on that reqion? Support I place a progress bar control on a region how do I update the value of that control from elsewhere in the addin? :?:
Posted 21 Jun, 2011 12:50:15 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Joyce,

Get the correct form (ADXOlForm), cast it to the form type used in your project (MyAddin1.MyOutlookForm1) and modify the progress bar either directly (if it has appropriate visibility) or using a public method defined in the form.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Jun, 2011 05:46:49 Top