Security Manager upgrade from 2007 to 2010

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Security Manager upgrade from 2007 to 2010

Glenn r

We purchased the following.
AddinExpress.OL.2005 Version 4.0.931.2005
SecurityManager.2005 Version 5.0.2013.2005

Is the 2010 version compatible with all versions of outlook?

I have a few installations where customers are getting prompted with Outlook security dialog boxes, in the past they were suppressed using the security manager. The customer is using Outlook 2010. I assume I need to upgrade to the latest version to get this working again. If this is correct whats my upgrade procedure? I tried uninstalling my old version and installing the newest version. I input my old key but the program says the key is invalid. Please advise.

Secondly is it possible to to keep AddinExpress.OL.2005 and just upgrade SecurityManager.2005 or do you recommend upgrading both?
Posted 31 May, 2011 09:46:22 Top
Renat Tlebaldziyeu

Hello Glenn,

Yes, Outlook Security Manager 2010 supports all Outlook versions. If you want to support Outlook 2010 you need to upgrade to version 2010. If you decide to upgrade your license, as our registered customer you can do this with a 50% discount. Here is the upgrade page:
http://www.add-in-express.com/purchase/version-upgrade.php?family=osm&type=latest-version

Secondly is it possible to to keep AddinExpress.OL.2005 and just upgrade SecurityManager.2005 or do you recommend upgrading both?

Security Manager is a separate component and you can use it from any projects, but I recommend that you upgrade your Add-in Express if you want to support Outlook 2010.

Which subscription of Add-in Express for Office and .NET do you have?
Please note that the Premium subscription includes Security Manager. So, if you have Premium, you can simply upgrade your Add-in Express license to 2010, and you will get the latest AddinExpress.OL.2005 and SecurityManager.2005.
Posted 31 May, 2011 10:26:29 Top