Old style menu (dropdown menu) not coming in 2010

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Old style menu (dropdown menu) not coming in 2010

Monish Naware

Hi,

First of all please excuse me if I sound strange. I am basically from ASP.NET and given a task to migrate excel addin (using Addin Express) from Office 2003 to 2010.

The issue that I am facing now is with Dropdown menu (old style menu). It is using ADXCommandBarPopup and adds ADXCommandBarButton to it. This is working fine with 2003. In one of the quesion on forum I read about UseForRibbon but its not available for ADXCommandBarPopup. Let me know alternate solution for this? I need that dropdown menu coming in Office 2010.
Also, do you have any technical documents on these APIs - online / downloadable?

Thanks,
Monish.
Posted 29 Apr, 2011 06:01:14 Top
Monish Naware

Hi,

Somewhere I read about OnRibbonBeforeCreate : When your add-in is being loaded by the host application supporting the Ribbon UI, the very first event received by the add-in is the OnRibbonBeforeCre ate event of the add-in module (in a pre-Ribbon Office application, the very first event is OnAddinInitialize). This is the only event in which you can add/remove/modify the Ribbon components onto/from/on the add-in module.

I moved the code (of creation of the menu items) from InitializeComponent (this is working fine with 2003) to OnRibbonBeforeCreate. Nothing happenend, its the same result as was before. I even tried setting visible = true (one more try ! ) of ADXCommandBarPopup but no change !
Let me know if you need any information?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Monish
Posted 29 Apr, 2011 08:04:48 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Monish,

You just need to set up the UseForRibbon property of your command bar to true. Does it help?

FYI The documentation states the following:

To show a pre-2007 toolbar in the Add-ins tab in Office 2007-2010, set the UseForRibbon property of the corresponding command bar component to true.

Please read more about command bar components in the http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-commandbar-components.php section of the online documentation. However, I would recommend using http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-ribbon-components.php components for Office 2007 and greater instead.
Posted 29 Apr, 2011 08:23:37 Top
Monish Naware

Hi Eugene,

This worked :) Sorry for writing so late...

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Monish.
Posted 05 May, 2011 03:10:13 Top
Eugene Astafiev

You are welcome, Monish!
Posted 05 May, 2011 03:32:11 Top