problem with opening contacts and messages

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

problem with opening contacts and messages

tom rozek

Hey,

got another problem. Can't manage situation when i open message or contact directly (i mean without starting outlook first)

what i need are names of parameters or methods that i have to check or handle.

In other words when i open a message or contact i saved earlier on the disc i need to handle this situation.

i know adxOutlookEvents.Startup fires but don't know how to tell if i oppened a contact or a message

thx in advance,
Tom
Posted 10 Mar, 2011 09:11:45 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Tom,

Please try to use the InspectorActivate and NewInspector events of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOutlookAppEvents component instead.
Posted 10 Mar, 2011 10:50:27 Top
tom rozek

hey,

okay the "Handles adxOutlookEvents.NewInspector" did the work but now i'm afraid it finishes it's work before my ribbon is initialized or i don't know how to access this inspector's ribbon.

it adds stuff to my dropdownboxes on the ribbon but i cant set it' SlectedIndexes

any ideas?

Tom
Posted 11 Mar, 2011 06:05:36 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Tom,

it finishes it's work before my ribbon is initialized or i don't know how to access this inspector's ribbon

Sorry, but I don't quite understand you. Could you please describe the required functionality in details? May be then I will be able to propose any solution.
Posted 11 Mar, 2011 07:43:47 Top
tom rozek

yay i misspelled a little, sorry

i can add new items to the dropdownbox but i can't programatically set it's SelectedIndex
in code, the same place a fill the boxe i set it's SelectedItemIndex to 0. So in the new Inspector window i see new items in the box but it's SelectedItemIndex is -1

Me.box.Items.Add(newNumber)
Me.box.SelectedItemIndex = 0

afterall i even display this prop in msgbox
MsgBox(Me.box.SelectedItemIndex) but it shows "0"

Sorry for the bad post before,
Tom
Posted 11 Mar, 2011 07:55:56 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Tom,

Please set the SelectedItemIndex property of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonDropDown class to any non-default value (for example, set it to zero). Does it help?
Posted 11 Mar, 2011 09:19:56 Top
tom rozek

hey,

thx Eugene for your suggestion. It solved my problem cause 0 was what i needed to set the value to.

Thanks,
Tom
Posted 15 Mar, 2011 05:01:10 Top
Eugene Astafiev

You are welcome, Tom!

BTW Please note that the SelectedItemId is used by default.
Posted 15 Mar, 2011 05:12:57 Top