Error deploying Outlook Security Manager

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Error deploying Outlook Security Manager

Prayag Gandhi

Dear Add-In-Express

I am deploying the Outlook Security Manager in my standalone application using MSI package created through Visutal Studio 2008. I have followed the guide by Renat Tlebaldziyeu to create the registration and installation.

However on the client computer I am getting following error...

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SecurityManager.2005, Version=3.2.1811.2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa42cad61af07cf4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SecurityManager.2005, Version=3.2.1811.2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa42cad61af07cf4'
   at jnaUtil.clsOutlook.SendEmail(String from, String subject, String msg, ArrayList tos, ArrayList files)
   at csLib.Email.Send()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftFusion!EnableLog].

Please advice any resolution...

Thanks,
Prayag
Posted 11 Nov, 2010 17:15:17 Top
Mark Solomon

I have the the same assembly issue, but am using a web application. I found that adding the SecurityManager.2005.dll to the bin directory seems to get me one step further, but now I am experiencing problems with the normal Outlook Namespace that was working prior...

Here is the code I am using, in case it will help:

private void getUnreadEmailCount()
{
AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager sm = new AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager();
sm.DisableOOMWarnings = true;

Outlook._Application oApp = null;
Outlook._NameSpace oNameSpace = null;
Outlook.MAPIFolder oInboxFolder = null;

oApp = new Outlook.Application();
oNameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI");
oNameSpace.Logon(null, null, false, false);
oInboxFolder = oNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderInbox);

int newMail = 0;
newMail = oInboxFolder.UnReadItemCount;

sm.DisableOOMWarnings = false;

LabelNewMailCount.Text = newMail.ToString();
}
Posted 11 Nov, 2010 19:57:05 Top
Mark Solomon

Also, ensure your version of the Security Outlook Addin is the correct version the assembly is calling... mine is 6.1.3016.2005 Did you download an upgrade and reference the old assembly?
Posted 11 Nov, 2010 20:01:26 Top
Prayag Gandhi

Mark,

Thanks for reply.. My MSI install do copy the dll into bin directory where my application's exe resides...

No luck yet...

Prayag
Posted 15 Nov, 2010 10:28:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Prayag,

Prayag Gandhi wrote:
... Could not load file or assembly 'SecurityManager.2005, Version=3.2.1811.2005, ... ' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

You need to check if you deploy the same SecurityMamager.2005.dll version which is referenced in your project.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Nov, 2010 04:59:16 Top