Outlook 2003 Security manager is not found

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 2003 Security manager is not found

Klaus Bongaertz

Help,

My Outlook 2003 (SP 3) takes several minutes till a box with "Kann Outlook nicht ansteuern. Security manager is not found" appears.
If i confirm this message with ok outlook starts normal. But i can't find any Security parameters in outlook.

I need a solution to remove this message and all of the "security manager" entries in my system.
:?: :?: :?:

Regards

Klaus
Posted 20 Sep, 2010 04:19:17 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Klaus,

What software do you use? How can I reproduce that issue on my PC with Outlook 2003 SP3?

BTW Could you please turn off all COM add-ins in Outlook? Does this help?
Posted 20 Sep, 2010 05:07:58 Top
Klaus Bongaertz

Hi,

i am not shure if i ever installed the outlook security manager. I did the repair direkt from the ? Window of Outlook.

I have no entry of an Add on in the Outlook Option Window, but i see in the main Outlook window two bars, attachement remover and outlook adress extractor.
Posted 20 Sep, 2010 10:00:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Klaus,

I suppose you installed the Outlook Security Manager as part of some Outlook add-in installation. That is, I suggest re-installing Outlook add-ins installed on your PC.

You can probably speed the process up by identifying the add-in producing this error by turning all add-ins one by one. To turn an add-in off, you start regedit.exe (say, via Start | Run) and set LoadBehavior = 0 in {HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE}\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\{an add-in} as well as in {HKEY_CURRENT_USER}\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins. When an add-in is turned off, start Outlook and check if the messages is still there.

I'm sorry, I don't know if the add-ins you mentioned use the Outlook Security Manager.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Sep, 2010 04:42:14 Top