Get todays reminders?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Get todays reminders?
Can this be done through ADX MAPI Store Accessor 
siblingchris

As per thread title, is there anyway I can get all todays appointments and their corresponding reminders

I see that working through the default message store there is the "Reminders" folder within "Finders" and also the "Calendar" folder within "IPM_SUBTREE"

However, when I look through either of these I cannot see all todays appoitnments. I have one meeting reqeust for the morning which is there and one appointment I set for myself later in the day, but the latter does not appear in either of those folders.

thanks
Chris
Posted 10 Jun, 2010 09:45:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Chris,

You can walk through the OutlookApp.Reminders collection and check Reminder.OriginalReminderDate and Reminder.NextReminderDate. Also, you can check Reminder.Item to find if the reminder is set for an AppointmentItem.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Jun, 2010 11:09:18 Top
siblingchris

hi - thanks for replying

not sure if that makes sense or not as I am using the ADX MAPI Store Accessor

Are you saying that for each reminder MAPI item there are the OriginalReminderDate and NextREminderDate properties and an assocaited appointment MAPI item?

Can you tell me what property tags would get me at this info please?

I'm trying to do something like this in VB.NET

blue

cheers
Chris
Posted 10 Jun, 2010 11:26:29 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Chris,

Oh, I see. I described access to reminders via the Outlook object model. That property/collection was introduced in Outlook 2002. What Outlook versions do you need to support?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Jun, 2010 03:44:38 Top
siblingchris

its Outlook 2003 and 2007 - although so far just developing against 2007

I found with the above logic, I could see the some appointment data in the MapiItem within the Reminders folder, but some reminders where missing

Going through all Calendar folder items it seems like not all items have _PR_CAL_START_TIME set and none of them have _PR_CAL_REMINDER_NEXT_TIME

I guess I need to have a look with Outlook Spy to see if this is possible, but I've never used that tool before.
Posted 11 Jun, 2010 05:15:38 Top
siblingchris

looks like OOM is the only way

Outlook Spy reveals property tags with the values I need BUT their tag numbers do not work with GetProperty method since it only takes a AddinExpress.MAPI.ADXMAPIPropertyTag or UInteger value and the tag numbers are too large for it :(

What references should I add to my project to ensure any OOM stuff I use works with both Outlook 2003 and 2007? Is that possible?

thanks
Posted 11 Jun, 2010 09:36:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Chris,

You need to have a reference to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.DLL.

Also, if you use Add-in Express for Office and .NET, you can reference Interop.Outlook.DLL but this is an interop for Outlook 2000 and, because the Reminders property/collection is missing in that Outlook version, you will have to use late binding, see http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/03/16/interop-assemblies-late-binding/

Andrei Smolin
Posted 11 Jun, 2010 10:09:48 Top