Impossible to run correctly Outlook Express add-in in debug mode (VC++)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Impossible to run correctly Outlook Express add-in in debug mode (VC++)
OE add-in with forms manager can't be run in debug mode 
Tanguy COADOUR

Hello.

I'm trying to run in debug mode a OE add-in under VC++ 2005.
It has a ADXOEFManager with 1 form that has a combo and an button.

As soon as I click any of the form controls, I get exception:
-----------------
An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in Unknown Module.

Additional information: Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'ADXOEForm1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on.
----------------

and then it crashes.

Note: This can be reproduced with the sample given in topic "Wizard ADX Outlook Express Form C++".

Is there any way to run OK in debug mode?
Thanks.

Tanguy
Posted 08 Jan, 2010 04:10:04 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hello Tangury,

I have reproduce the issue you described on my PC. It looks like there is a bug somewhere. As soon I get any news from developers I will let you know.

Thank you for pointing us to this ;-)
Posted 08 Jan, 2010 08:45:57 Top
Tanguy COADOUR

By the way, I noticed that in debug mode the display of the form doesn't match the awaited result (you need to resize OE in order to "refresh" and make the controls visible because they may be hidden by "real" Outlook UI area. Nevertheless even if controls become visible, it doesn't match the display of the release mode (which is good).

Tanguy
Posted 08 Jan, 2010 09:33:05 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Tanguy,

By the way, I noticed that in debug mode the display of the form doesn't match the awaited result (you need to resize OE in order to "refresh" and make the controls visible because they may be hidden by "real" Outlook UI area. Nevertheless even if controls become visible, it doesn't match the display of the release mode (which is good).

I have reproduced that. Thank you!
Posted 08 Jan, 2010 09:38:38 Top
Tanguy COADOUR

Hello Eugene

Do you have some news?

Best regards

Tanguy
Posted 19 Jan, 2010 05:09:22 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Tanguy,

OE is a multithread application, i.e. an add-in works in another thread.
Please try to find a way to debug this application with debug messages at runtime when you use ADXOEFManager.

We use the following tool http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx.
Posted 23 Jan, 2010 09:22:28 Top
Tanguy COADOUR

Hello Fedor,

How can I debug if OE exits (with exceptions mentioned in my first message) as soon as I click a control that belongs to the form?
There is not yet any custom code added to the control, it's just a button or comboBox placed on the form in the designer view).

:|

Tanguy
Posted 28 Jan, 2010 05:10:04 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Tanguy,

Sorry for the delay,
Try to run Outlook Express and attach to process for debugging. It works on my side.
Posted 04 Feb, 2010 09:33:28 Top