language properties of the Setup project keeps loosing the marked languages

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

language properties of the Setup project keeps loosing the marked languages
I want setup to be in many languages. I set languages, but later on the selected languages are not marked 
Bartsch Christian

I have been selecting in properties of the Setup Project the languages i want to have intergrated in the Setup.

so i mark the key languages (e.g. German, French, English, Spanish, ...)

Then I compile the Setup Project and run the Setup. Then I see the Setup is in English although my Computer is set to German.

So i went back to language properties of the Setup project and noticed that all selected languages were no longer marked.

what can i do to resolve this problem in VS2015 C#?
Posted 14 Jun, 2017 11:17:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Christian,

You start with setting the Localizable property of the module to True. Then you set the Language property, and specify language-dependent properties of the components used on the module. The resource files appear underneath {your module}.cs or .{your module}.vb. The file named .resx is the resource file for the fallback culture, which will be built into the main assembly. The file named .de-DE.resx is the resource file for German as spoken in Germany. Similarly, .fr-FR.resx is the resource file for French as spoken in France. To deploy langauge-dependent resources using MSI, the setup project must include the Localized Resources output of your project.

This said, check if you set the Localizable property.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Jun, 2017 01:36:36 Top
Bartsch Christian

I am not sure if you are misunderstanding me.

My Software is already localized, i have all resurce files, language Folders erst. My tol after Installation is also showing the correct language translations.

The core Problem is that the Setup it self Shows ist Screens only in english.

I want that if a French Person start the Setup that he is not confronted with english setup text but with French, etc.

So I am trying to localize the Setup.
Posted 15 Jun, 2017 01:44:21 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Ah, now I see.

As far as I remeber, you use WiX. If so, check section Multiple-Language Installers, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Jun, 2017 01:50:45 Top