WiX Designer: add prerequisites to setup

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WiX Designer: add prerequisites to setup

Bartsch Christian

Hi
I recently added to my VS 2015 C# project SQLite classes which require .NET Framework 4.6 and System.Data.SQLite.

Having tested the tool on my developer PC (win7 Pro) all functioned. Now I am having problems with Win V8-10.

When I start my application on Windows 8.1 and 10 no errors at first. When I select a Dialog where it has to access the sqlite database, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly
"System.Data.SQLite.dll"
or one of ist dependancies.

So i checked, the 3 SQLite dll-files are in the programfolder of my winfowms application. Then i included it as resource, this also did not fix the issue.

Eventually looking at the installations in win10 I came to the conclusion that this might be partly an issue as Framework 4.6 is not there.

Unfortunately i can not see how to set the Setup to check if 4.6 is installed and if not to download & install it.
Posted 12 Apr, 2017 07:25:31 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Christian,

Just click on the WiX setup project in the Solution Explorer and go to the Properties Window. You will see the list of setup properties. Then select the Prerequisites property and press F4. The Prerequisites dialog should appear in Visual Studio. You might have to select another 'Packages Directory' to get the '.NET Framework v4.6' available in the list.
E.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\SDK\Bootstrapper'
Posted 12 Apr, 2017 10:57:33 Top