Adding user interface to a bootstrapper project

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Adding user interface to a bootstrapper project

stevedegeorge

Hi.

I have started creating a bootstrapper for my MSI and am trying to use the user interface wizard but nothing gets added in to my project. If I use the interface wizard on my MSI then It works.

Can you use the user interface wizard on a bootstrapper project?

Thanks.
Posted 23 Feb, 2017 10:53:19 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Could you please clarify your question? Do you use the 'Designer for WiX Toolset' product?
Posted 24 Feb, 2017 09:18:21 Top
stevedegeorge

Hi.

Yes, that is the product I am using. I created a new project selecting the bootstapper. I then select the view wix editor and select the add dialog. It lets me select a dialog but does not add it to the boostrapper project. Nothing is added.

As I said above. If I use the interface wizard on my MSI (created with your tool) then It works. The dialog's are added correctly.

Thanks.
Posted 27 Feb, 2017 04:42:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

Sorry, I obviously miss something. I don't understand what you mean by the bootstrapper application. If you talk about the application they describe at http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/bundle/wixstdba/, then the UI editor of the WiX Designer product adds the UI to the WiX setup project by modifying the references and updating the Product.wxs file.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Feb, 2017 05:23:34 Top
stevedegeorge

Hi.

I made a video showing what I am trying to do and maybe you can point me in the right direction.

https://www.screencast.com/t/YOc5rZlH6byd

Thanks.
Posted 28 Feb, 2017 05:25:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

The WiX Designer doesn't support WiX Bootsrpapper projects. You need to use regular WiX tools to create the UI; see the WiX manual.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 28 Feb, 2017 06:53:47 Top