Designer for Wix, Registry Tool doesn't show any code modification

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Designer for Wix, Registry Tool doesn't show any code modification

Costanzo Ferraro

I developed a Wix Project with VS 2013 and Designer for Wix. The project builds an installer that allows multiple instances installation, using Instance Transforms.

Everything works perfectly, but Registry Tool doesn't show anything I wrote in my code about Registry Keys.
In fact, when I wrote code like this:

<Component Id="RegComponent" Guid="C74E20FC-73AF-4640-82B6-812B4BE839C5" MultiInstance="yes">
            <RegistryKey Id="MainRegKey" Action="createAndRemoveOnUninstall" Root="HKCU" Key="Software[ProductName]Installer">
              <RegistryValue Id="MainRegValue" Name="InstanceId" Value="[INSTANCEID]" Type="string" />
              <RegistryValue Id="InstallPathValue" Name="Location" Value="[ProductNameFolder]" Type="string" />
              <RegistryValue Id="ProductCodeValue" Name="ProductCode" Value="[ProductCode]" Type="string" />
              <RegistryValue Id="ProductNameValue" Name="ProductName" Value="[ProductName]" Type="string" />
              <RegistryValue Id="ProductVersionValue" Name="ProductVersion" Value="[ProductVersion]" Type="string" />
            </RegistryKey>
          </Component>

I'd like to see something at an "higher level" in Registry Tool.
Why there is nothing?
Posted 27 Nov, 2015 07:12:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Costanzo,

I suppose the Registry Editor cannot recognize the component you've created. I suggest that you do this from another side: add these registry keys and values using the Registry Editor.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Nov, 2015 07:28:04 Top
Costanzo Ferraro

Hello Andrei,
I tried to follow your suggestion, but the when I add a new RegistryKey, the Registry View doesn't permit to set the Key to
Software\[ProductName]\Installer

Why?
Posted 01 Dec, 2015 09:48:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Costanzo,

How does the issue look like? What do you mean by "the Registry View doesn't permit ..."?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Dec, 2015 05:18:01 Top