Designer for WiX Toolset, Object reference not set... error trying to view any tools

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Designer for WiX Toolset, Object reference not set... error trying to view any tools
Getting Object reference not set error, when trying to view File System, Registry, User Interface, etc 
Glenn Gidlof

I have been developing a WiX project with VS 2015 and the Designer for WiX Toolset addin, it has been working great and today I clicked the tool to view the File System and got the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Here is the expanded call stack:

Instances of this error (1)

1. Hide Call Stack

at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.VSDialogBase.<>c.b__80_13(WiXEntity e)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.VSDialogBase.CreateVSDialogFromWixDialog(WiXDialog wixElement, DialogScope scope, DialogStage stage, VSUserInterface collection)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.VSDialogBase.CreateDialog(WiXProjectParser project, List`1 sequenceList, VSUserInterface collection, WiXDialog wixElement, DialogScope scope, DialogStage stage, Int32 order, List`1 dialogList, List`1 propertyList)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.WiXProjectParser.CreateVSDialogs(DialogScope scope, List`1 sequenceItems, List`1 dialogList, List`1 propertyList)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.WiXProjectParser.ParseUserInterface()
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.WiXProjectParser.Parse()
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.FileSystemView.ViewXmlModelChanged(Int32 paneID, Dictionary`2 documents)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.WiXProjectParser.OnViewXmlModelChanged(Int32 paneId)
at AddinExpress.Installer.WiXDesigner.VsViewManager.DoIdle()

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you,
Gagidlof
Posted 24 Nov, 2015 19:07:26 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Glenn,

Did you add any custom dialogs manually to your setup project?
Posted 25 Nov, 2015 06:15:20 Top
Glenn Gidlof

Haven't added any new dialogs recently. However I did add a comment into the Eula dialog. I removed the comment and the error went away.

Thank you for your help.
-Glenn
Posted 25 Nov, 2015 12:21:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you for letting us know.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Nov, 2015 04:49:27 Top