System.ApplicationException: The 'secman.OutlookSecurityManager' COM object is not registered

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

System.ApplicationException: The 'secman.OutlookSecurityManager' COM object is not registered

Nikolay Pavlov

Hi,

This is the same issue as: https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=10516

We have an application that sends e-mails via Outlook, and uses secman.OutlookSecurityManager to suppress security warnings.

Our app is .NET 4.5, and Outlook is 2010, 32 bit. The environment is based on Citrix. Outlook is always running for the users, we merely connect to it to create new mail items.

Quite often, we get this error:

System.ApplicationException: The 'secman.OutlookSecurityManager' COM object is not registered.
at AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager.ConnectTo(Object outlookApp)

It happens to arbitrary users, at arbitrary time.

Please advise.
Posted 06 Feb, 2015 04:32:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nikolay,

I suppose this may relate to having several instances of SecurityManager and/or using it(them) in several threads. To be of more help I would need to have a sample project demonstrating the issue. If such a project exists, you can send it to the support email address; you can find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Feb, 2015 07:06:24 Top
Nikolay Pavlov

Hello Andrei,

I am afraid I cannot create a sample project which reliably reproduces the error. I take care to call both SecurityManager.Disconnect and SecurityManager.Dispose in this order.

As I mentioned, it mostly works, but fails every now and then.

Please advise if additional clean-up of the SecurityManager instance is necessary.
Posted 24 Feb, 2015 10:46:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nikolay,

I'm sorry for leaving your question unanswered. I suppose I overlooked your post somehow.

Does the issue still exist on your side?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 02 Mar, 2015 07:30:56 Top
Nikolay Pavlov

Hello Andrei,

I am afraid the issue persists.
Posted 02 Mar, 2015 09:03:11 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Could you please send me some code for me to try to replicate the issue? You can find the support email address in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 02 Mar, 2015 09:09:20 Top