VDproj to WixConverter Error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

VDproj to WixConverter Error
The method operation is not implemented 
Juan Sancho-Tello

I have just purchased the license of the WixConverter because we need to migrate from VDProj to Wix, as we are moving from VS2008 to VS2013.
We are using two external components: Measurement Studio from National Instruments, and Component One controls.
Measurement Studio doesn't support Installshield, and we are forced to move to Wix.

As we never used it before, and it started to be hard to learn, we decided to buy the converter tool, as we had our previous installers as setup projects done in VS2005 originally, and migrated to VS2008 later on.

I have tried the conversion in VS2008, and I have got the following error:

Error 110 VDProj to WiX Converter error: The method or operation is not implemented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date and Time: 20/01/2014 1:21:36 PM
Machine Name: XXXX
IP Address: XXXX
Current User: XXXX

Application Domain: DefaultDomain
Assembly Codebase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/EnvDTE/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/EnvDTE.dll
Assembly Full Name: EnvDTE, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Exception Source: EnvDTE
Exception Type: System.NotImplementedException
Exception Message: The method or operation is not implemented.
Exception Target Site: get_Object

---- Stack Trace ----
EnvDTE.Project.get_Object()
EnvDTE.dll: N 00000 (0x0) JIT
AddinExpress.Installer.VDProjConverterAddin.CollectAllProjectReferences(project As Project, projectPathList As SortedList, wixProjectName As String, previousWiXProject As Project&)
EnvDTE.dll: N 0005 (0x5) IL
AddinExpress.Installer.VDProjConverterAddin.Exec(commandName As String, executeOption As vsCommandExecOption, varIn As Object&, varOut As Object&, handled As Boolean&)
EnvDTE.dll: N 0491 (0x1EB) IL

VDProj to WiX Converter 0 0 Setup SamplesMgr

Can you please help me with this error?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Juan Sancho_Tello
Posted 20 Jan, 2014 06:38:18 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Juan Sancho,

The error may appear if you have some projects that don't support the Object property of the EnvDTE.Project interface. Please try to exclude such project(s) temporary and re-convert the setup again. Let me know if the issue still exists. We will fix this issue in the next build of the converter.
Posted 20 Jan, 2014 10:36:01 Top
Juan Sancho-Tello

Dear Sergey,

Thanks for you answer. Maybe is a silly question, but how can I know which of my project support or not the Object Property of the EnvDTE.Project interface?

I have four different setup projects and in all four the conversion has failed.
Posted 21 Jan, 2014 02:19:13 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Juan Sancho,

Please open the problematic solution in Visual Studio and take a screenshot of the Solution Explorer with all projects expanded. Then send me the screenshot on the support e-mail.
Posted 21 Jan, 2014 09:11:56 Top