Error 1001 Unable to get installer types

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Error 1001 Unable to get installer types
Error when installing WiX projects that had been converted from VDPROJ 
Michael Callaghan

I'm trying to upgrade all of my VDPROJ installers to WiX so I can use Visual Studio 2012. All of the conversions report a success, but none of the WiX-based installers actually work. All of the VDPROJ installers work fine, so I assume it's from the conversion. I get the following error during the installation phase.

Error 1001. Unable to get installer types in the C:Program Files (x86)CompanyProductProduct.exe assembly. --> Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

It seems like its looking for the installed files before actually installing the product. None of my .exe or .dll files make it into the production folder. How can I fix this issue so I can finish the upgrade?
Posted 30 Jul, 2013 13:33:27 Top
Dave L'Oparr

I found some custom actions in the VDPROJ that were completely empty. I removed these and created a new WiX installer. The new installer worked perfectly. I guess I just need to trim the old projects and remove obsolete code.
Posted 30 Jul, 2013 15:03:19 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Dave,

Thank you for choosing our converter. Let me know if you face any other difficulties.
Posted 31 Jul, 2013 06:10:48 Top