.vdproj to Wix, MSVS 2012: "System Cannot Find the file" error during wix build...

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

.vdproj to Wix, MSVS 2012: "System Cannot Find the file" error during wix build...
During the wix build I am receiving this error some third-party referenced assemblies and some XML Doc files "The system cannot find the file..." 
richard@andersenfamily.us

I converted my vdproj project using ".vdproj to WiX" which completed successfully. During the wix build within Visual Studio 2012 I am receiving "The system cannot find the file..." error for some third-party referenced assemblies and some (not all) XML Doc files. The XML files do exists in the output directory... The setup project in VS2010 built without any issues. Please advise...

Thanks...

Below is an exmaple:

[/CODE]
1> "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.7\bin\heat.exe" project "C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation.csproj" -projectname "Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation" -pog Documents -gg -sfrag -nologo -out "obj\\Release\Harvested XML\_Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation.xml"
1> "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.7\bin\heat.exe" project "C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation.csproj" -projectname "Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation_1" -pog Binaries -gg -sfrag -nologo -out "obj\\Release\Harvested XML\_Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation_1.xml"
1> "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.7\bin\heat.exe" project "C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation\Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation.csproj" -projectname "Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation_2" -pog Symbols -gg -sfrag -nologo -out "obj\\Release\Harvested XML\_Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation_2.xml"

1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(21,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Common.Patterns.AsyncDataTableOperation.xml'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(24,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinEditors.v12.2.dll'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(27,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinListView.v12.2.xml'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(36,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Common.Patterns.EventPublisher.WCF.IService.xml'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(39,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Infragistics4.Shared.v12.2.dll'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(42,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.v12.2.FormulaBuilder.dll'.
1>C:\Users\randersen\Projects\Common Patterns\40\CommonLibsSetup\Product.wxs(45,0): error LGHT0103: The system cannot find the file 'Common.Patterns.Singleton.xml'.
[CODE]
Posted 24 Jul, 2013 16:46:31 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Richard,

Please activate logging in the converter and convert the problematic setup again. The converter will generate the log info into the Output window of Visual Studio. Then you can copy the log and send it to me on the support e-mail. Also, please send me the vdproj and wixproj files too.

To activate logging please do the following steps:

1. Run the regedit.exe tool 'As Administartor'.
2. Find the ' HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Add-in Express\InstalledProducts\VDProj to WiX Converter ' registry key. If OS is 64 bits, the will be 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Add-in Express\InstalledProducts\VDProj to WiX Converter '.
3. Create the EnableLog variable (DWORD) under the 'VDProj to WiX Converter' key and set the value to 1.
4. Restart Visual Studio.
Posted 25 Jul, 2013 05:13:12 Top
richard@andersenfamily.us

Thanks Sergey for the quick reply! I will send you the information on the support email...
Posted 25 Jul, 2013 09:07:35 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Richard,

We got your email, thank you. This is a bug in our code related to documentation files located in a project output. We will fix it in the next build.
Posted 29 Jul, 2013 05:01:00 Top