SecurityManager Error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

SecurityManager Error

Mike Arrington

I am using SecurityManager v4.0.0.1. I was getting the error below inside my Outlook add-in. I was creating and destroying the SecurityManager object inside each method.

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at AddinExpress.Outlook.IOutlookSecurityManager2.Check(Int32 apiType)
at AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager.set_DisableOOMWarnings(Boolean value)

I then changed to creating the object as a static in a class, creating an instance of it once and then calling it as needed. This took care of the error above but now I am sporadically but frequently getting this error.

The 'secman.OutlookSecurityManager' COM object is not registered.
at AddinExpress.Outlook.SecurityManager.set_DisableOOMWarnings(Boolean value)

It is clearly registered as it works for a time. A search on this forum did not find any similar problems. Have you seen this before? Am I doing something wrong.
Posted 12 Jul, 2013 23:32:34 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Mike,

I cannot identofy if this is the issue caused by the architecture of your solution or this is an issue in Security Manager. At http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/osm.php, we provide a set of sample projects, the title of the download is "Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook sample projects". Can you please check if COMAddin.sln works for you?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Jul, 2013 02:55:49 Top