csc.exe and invisible files

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

csc.exe and invisible files

nd

Hi,

yesterday I bought the Standard package. I want to create an Internet Explorer add-on that enables the user to choose "PDF Download" from the context and the file menu. I have already created the project and the installer, but after installing the add-on I see two problems:

1. csc.exe
I need to confirm to execute csc.exe on browser startup. I don't want my customers to see such things - how can I get rid of it?

2. Invisible files
After the user choosed a file name with the SaveFileDialog, I save the PDF with System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes into the file. I get no error message and everything seems to be fine. But when I open the Windows Explorer, move to the directory were the file should be located, I can't see the file. I tryed to do the same again, but when I choose the same target location, I could see that the file DOES exists. I can see the file within the SaveFileDialog from my IE add-on, but it's invisible if I try to find it with the Windows Explorer. I even can't see the file from the Windows shell. But the file is there - that's sure: Within the SaveFileDialog I can right-click it and choose "Open" - and it will be opened. But why is the file invisible in the Windows Explorer, what can I do to make it visible?
And yes, in Windows Explorer folder view settings the option to display hidden and system files and folders is enabled. Windows Explorer shows me anything, but not the files created with my IE ann-on. The code that saves the PDF works as expected within a normal Windows GUI application.

My project isn't a secret. I can provide the source and/or the setup, if it helps to answer my questions. My system environment is:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit SP1
- Target Framework: .NET 2.0
- Programming language: C#
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional
- Internet Explorer 9

I can reproduce the problems on my Notebook with the same environment. I can also reproduce the problems with a fresh installed mashine with and without the development environment.

Grettings
nd
Posted 18 Jun, 2011 05:12:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

nd wrote:
1. csc.exe
I need to confirm to execute csc.exe on browser startup. I don't want my customers to see such things - how can I get rid of it?

What do you do when the user clicks "PDF Download"? It looks like you have Protected Mode turned on, try turning it off and check if the issue persists.

nd wrote:
2. Invisible files

Yes, you have Protected Mode enabled, please see http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vista-security/PMSurvivalGuide.aspx. In Add-in Express, you can deal with the Protected Mode using the ADXIEProtectedMode component, please check the manual, see {Add-in Express}\Docs\adxie.pdf on your PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jun, 2011 06:44:30 Top