ie9 issue with browser control and InvokeScript

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ie9 issue with browser control and InvokeScript

Patrick Carter

I know support for ie9 was just released, but I wanted to make sure this gets brought to your attention and hopefully fixed.

We use a WebBrowser control in our add-in and use the WebBrowser.Document.InvokeScript call to send messages to the page the WebBrowser control is currently on, this works great when in and out of the add-in when using ie8 using the previous release of add-in express. When using ie9 the call simply does nothing, but only when in the add-in. I have a demo solution that I can send to better illustrate the issue. In the demo there is a Windows Form app that works correctly, and an add-in that does not.

Let me know where I can send the demo.
Posted 07 Jan, 2011 12:25:17 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Patrick.

To be precise, we released the beta support of IE9 beta.
Please send me an example to the support e-mail address. You can find it in the readme.txt file of the product instalation.
Posted 10 Jan, 2011 04:51:09 Top
Patrick Carter

I sent the sample solution. In it you will see a web app, a win form app, and an ie add-in.

Start the web app. Then run the win form app and press the button that says alert and a javascript alert window will popup. Then run the add in and press the alert button and an alert window should popup, but it does not.

Again, I do not know for sure if this is an issue with add-in express or with ie9, but it works fine in ie8.
Posted 13 Jan, 2011 11:42:31 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Patrick.

Thanks. We received your e-mail without attachment. Please re-send it again.
Posted 14 Jan, 2011 04:02:48 Top