IEModule : How to clear memory/catch after add-in process?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

IEModule : How to clear memory/catch after add-in process?
IE hang after executing continuously. 
putra n9

Hi,

I'm testing add-in on IE by executing continuously, after certain no. of time the implementation refuses to execute (hang). Is this problem related to add-in? Is anybody have solution? Do i need clear a catch or memory after add-in process?

TQ.

Putra.
Posted 30 Nov, 2010 22:30:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Putra.

Could you please clarify the issue? I don't quite understand what you mean.
Posted 01 Dec, 2010 09:39:43 Top
putra n9

Hi Sergey,

Sorry I mistyped.

1) I am asking how to overcome my problem when the add-In is executed continuously (in my case asking the add-in to write to file any inquiries and then calling a separate dll to zip the file) so that my customers have a back-up of what they are sending to me) it will stop executing after certain number of times and my customer has to close the I.E before executing the process again. If the add-in application is executed once in a while there is no problem, but for conducting a stress test the application will be executed rigorously (in a continuous loop - to see whether it fails or not).

Hence, is the problem related to cache? Do i need to clear cache each time after execution? do you have a code for this?

2) Another is thing is that, this application (using your latest add-in coding) works fine with windows XP (doing the above process - writing to file what ever is typed on the text field of my php then calling the separate dll to zip the file) but it does not work with vista and win7.

Hope you can help me on this.

Putra
Posted 01 Dec, 2010 21:24:06 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Putra.

1. Could you please send me a test project that reproduces this issue? I will test it.
2. If Protected mode is enabled in IE7-IE9, you can create/change files in the writable location only. Please read the following article devoted to Protected mode:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vista-security/PMSurvivalGuide.aspx
Posted 02 Dec, 2010 10:46:30 Top