Toolbar not appearing in IE 8 XP SP3 even though appear in Add Ons

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Toolbar not appearing in IE 8 XP SP3 even though appear in Add Ons

Mark Dorner

Dear Forum,

I have a toolbar that is working on most machines we install it on (IE 7 or 8, Windows XP, Vista and 7) but have run into an issue where it is installing correctly, appears in the manage add-ons but will not appear in the toolbar list. The machine is running Windows XP SP3 with IE 8. It also has Norton anti-virus but I do not see how it can block the toolbar appearing if everything installed correctly.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Posted 29 Jul, 2010 16:21:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Mark,

What is the class type of the module that you use in your project? If ADXIEModule, then do you have ADXIEToolBarItem.LoadAtStartup = true and ADXIEToolBarItem.Position = NewRow? If ADXIEToolbarModule, then do you have ADXIEToolbarModule.Position = NewRow? Also, have you checked the item corresponding to your toolbar in View | Toolbars?

Did you try disabling Norton Antivirus?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Jul, 2010 01:58:50 Top
Mark Dorner

Hi Andrei,

First, thank you for replying.

I am using ADXIEModule and had the "LoadAtStartup=true" but did not have the "Position=NewRow". Could that be causing the issue?

When using View | Toolbars it does not appear in the list despite it appearing in the Manage Add-Ons.

I tried disabling the Norton but it is one of the persistent ones that defies all shutdown. If you think it is the culprit I will uninstall it and try to reinstall the toolbar.

Thank you,

Mark
Posted 02 Aug, 2010 23:11:54 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Mark,

Please try reproduce the same on a new add-on project. If this is reproducible, please send the project to the support e-mail address, see {Add-in Express}\readme.txt. Please make sure your e-mail contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Aug, 2010 06:10:20 Top