Losing Focus on IE Webpage

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Losing Focus on IE Webpage

John Testa

I have created an IE bar. Every time I first go into IE, maybe 7-12 seconds after opening IE (with my bar visible), the field focus randomly shifts off of whatever web page I am on. It only does this once and then it seems ok. Just a slight annoyance more than anything. For example, I open IE, go to google and start typing in a search, it will just move the focus off of my search text half way through (where the focus goes I do not know). It only happens when my bar is active, and only happens once each time IE is loaded so it isn't a major problem. Once it does it 1 time, it doesn't seem to do it again but it does do it that 1 time, every time.

I have started a new project with NO CODE just to make sure none of my code is causing this to happen and same thing.
Posted 12 Sep, 2014 13:39:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi John,

I managed to reproduce the issue. Thank you for the bug report. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
Posted 15 Sep, 2014 05:19:51 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi John,

I guess that you use IE 11. If so, I am afraid that I can't fix it. The issue occurs because IE 11 creates hidden instances of your bar in the background. When you open one tab, IE creates another one in the background and displays it when you press the 'New Tab' button. If you look at the [X] button of the bar for several seconds after IE starts, you will see that it is refreshed. That is why the web page loses the focus. Please try to use an advanced bar instead of the explorer bar. It doesn't suffer with this issue.
Posted 19 Sep, 2014 05:09:01 Top