Setup project

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Setup project

GabrielMA

I have tried to generate a msi using the Wix utility as it is explained on the guide.
I have add the Plugin Project into a new Wix Project as you can see at the image and I have modified Product.wxs adding all the required dependences:

loader manifest
32bit loader
64bit loader
Interop for IE
Interop for MSHTML
AddinExpress.IE.dll

When I build this project, It generates the msi, but when I executes it, it does not install the Plugin correctly (only appears aa installation menu but it does not install anything)
This is the code that I have used on Product.wxs. Could you please tell me if I nedd to add anything else to de dependencies?:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wix xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/2006/wi">
<Product Id="{523F9A2B-3DE0-42DD-ACD4-7A9C9897855B}" Name="IntecoAddonAntiBotnetWix" Language="1033" Version="1.0.0.0" Manufacturer="Balidea" UpgradeCode="789f14e6-33b1-41df-a692-ccc321c9ee32">
<Package InstallerVersion="200" Compressed="yes" InstallScope="perMachine" />

<MajorUpgrade DowngradeErrorMessage="A newer version of [ProductName] is already installed." />
<MediaTemplate />

<Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="IntecoAddonAntiBotnetWix" Level="1">
<ComponentGroupRef Id="ProductComponents" />
</Feature>
</Product>

<Fragment>
<Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
<Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">
<Directory Id="INSTALLFOLDER" Name="IntecoAddonAntiBotnetWix" />
</Directory>
</Directory>
</Fragment>

<Fragment>
<ComponentGroup Id="ProductComponents" Directory="INSTALLFOLDER">
<!-- TODO: Remove the comments around this Component element and the ComponentRef below in order to add resources to this installer. -->

<Component Id="ProductComponent1">
<File Id="adxloader_dll_manifest" Name="adxloader.dll.manifest" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Loader\adxloader.dll.manifest" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent2">
<File Id="adxloader_dll" Name="adxloader.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Loader\adxloader.dll" KeyPath="yes" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent3">
<File Id="adxloader64_dll" Name="adxloader64.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Loader\adxloader64.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent4">
<File Id="Microsoft_mshtml_dll" Name="Microsoft.mshtml.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Interops\Microsoft.mshtml.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent5">
<File Id="AddinExpress.IE.dll" Name="AddinExpress.IE.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Loader\AddinExpress.IE.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent6">
<File Id="Interop_SHDocVw_dll" Name="Interop_SHDocVw_dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Interops\Interop.SHDocVw.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent7">
<File Id="log4net.dll" Name="log4net.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Lib\log4net.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent8">
<File Id="Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.dll" Name="Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.dll" Source="C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\VBPowerPacks\v10.0\Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs.dll" />
</Component>
<Component Id="ProductComponent9">
<File Id="NotificationWindow.dll" Name="NotificationWindow.dll" Source="C:\Users\javierdc\Desktop\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\IntecoAddonAntiBotnetIE6_IE11\Interops\NotificationWindow.dll" />
</Component>
</ComponentGroup>
</Fragment>
</Wix>
Posted 06 Aug, 2014 02:07:58 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Gabriel,

The project needs to deploy adxregistrator.exe and run it with appropriate parameters to register/unregister the add-on. Please check section Deployment Step-by-steps in the manual, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Aug, 2014 02:30:39 Top