Inconsistent invocation of plug-in

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Inconsistent invocation of plug-in
The Constructor/OnConnect/OnTabActivated not always called 
George Kierstein

I have an extension up and running and have noticed that after several tabs are open (sometimes no more than 2) the Constructor, OnConnect, and OnTabActivated (or Deactivated) never get called - essentially that tab doesn't run my add-on.

Its not always consistent, sometimes works for subsequent tags but its very very common.

Any thoughts on how to debug this ?

I set up my project to target IE 9 but am testing this on IE 10. I would imagine that shouldn't matter though.

Thanks
G
Posted 27 Sep, 2013 13:17:01 Top
George Kierstein

P.S. This is also consistent with the very first tab that is open when the add-on is enabled. It is never running after the user accepts enabling it.
Posted 27 Sep, 2013 14:44:37 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi George,

This is also consistent with the very first tab that is open when the add-on is enabled. It is never running after the user accepts enabling it.

It is by design in IE. You need to restart IE.

How do you check if the add-on is running?
Posted 30 Sep, 2013 08:07:16 Top
George Kierstein

Really ? The Google toolbar appears to work right after its enabled without restarting...

I know its running because of the URL requests that it makes immediately upon start and subsequently when its running so its clear that its not operating when certain tabs are opened.
Posted 30 Sep, 2013 19:56:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi George,

Really ? The Google toolbar appears to work right after its enabled without restarting...

IE Toolbars and bars work without restarting as well as Add-in Express based toolbars and bars. I meant that BHO doesn't work without restarting. If you open a new tab and it is opened in a separate sub-process, BHO will start too. But the initial tab will not have BHO running in its process.
Posted 01 Oct, 2013 08:37:14 Top
George Kierstein

Thanks, makes total sense!
Posted 01 Oct, 2013 19:46:36 Top