Install Multiple Toolbars

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Install Multiple Toolbars
Special considerations when planning support for the multiple toolbars developed using add-in express on the same machine 
Etienne Richards

I am planning a project where we need to support multiple toolbars developed using add-in express installed on a users machine.

Is there anything special we need to do in order to support this?
Will it be possible to have each toolbar be 100% independent (with no shared componenet)?
Posted 06 Aug, 2013 10:13:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Etienne,

The toolbars may be made independent if you develop each of them in a separate IE Toolbar project, please see the section Creating an IE Bar Project in the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs\ on your development PC.

Nevertheless, I don't feel like I understand you 100%. Could you please describe a scenario where two toolbars are dependent in some way?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Aug, 2013 10:53:00 Top
Etienne Richards

Andrei,

We will be using different projects so seems like we should be ok.

RE: 100% Independent
What we do not want to do is having to create a directory where shared dll's (managed / unmanaged) are stored. Also, we want to ensure that each toolbar installed can be at different versions of add-in express and therefore not have to worry about breaking an older toolbar when a installing a newer (but different) toolbar on the same machine.

Etienne
Posted 06 Aug, 2013 11:03:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Etienne,

Two IE Toolbar projects create two independent IE toolbars: the toolbars are installed in different folders, they don't have shared files, they can be updated on different shedules.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Aug, 2013 01:02:34 Top