Setting version number for add-on

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Setting version number for add-on

Eric Smith

I've edited the AssemblyInfo.cs for my add-on to change the version number, but the Manage Add-ons dialog in Internet Explorer always displays the version number from adxloader.dll file. How do I get IE to report the add-on's version number instead of the loader's version number? I've tried AssemblyVersion, AssemblyFileVersion, and AssemblyInformationalVersion, all to no avail.

Thanks,

Eric Smith
ThoughtWire Corp.
Posted 12 Feb, 2013 14:58:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Eric,

To change the product version field of the adxloader you need to run the following command line:

"<Add-in Express install folder>\Bin\adxpatch.exe" "<Loader path>\adxloader(64).dll" /productversion=1.0.0.0
Posted 13 Feb, 2013 03:57:38 Top
Eric Smith

Hi Sergey,

Thanks, I did not know about adxpatch. It does update the version number as required, but only if we use the latest versions of adxloader[64].dll. Trying to patch older versions of adxloader.dll give the message "Error: Input string was not in a correct format.".

Normally, this shouldn't be a problem, but we have never been able to get our add-in to work with the 8.1.5065 versions of adxloader.dll (see the thread called "Add-in Enabled but Not Available"). Our workaround for that problem was to use an older version of adxloader.dll, which does work for our add-in.

Ideally, we would like to use the latest version of adxloader.dll, but that's not a viable option for us.

Thanks,

Eric Smith
ThoughtWire Corp.
Posted 13 Feb, 2013 10:29:57 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Eric,

adxpatch.exe should work with any version of adxloader.dll. What version of the loader do you use?
Please answer my questions in the 'Add-in Enabled but Not Available' topic.
Posted 13 Feb, 2013 12:32:59 Top
Eric Smith

Sergey Grischenko writes:
adxpatch.exe should work with any version of adxloader.dll. What version of the loader do you use?

I believe it is 7.2.4014, but I can't tell for sure. It appears that the previous developer used verpatch to update the version info.

Perhaps that is the cause of the "Input string was not in a correct format." message?

Thanks,

Eric Smith
ThoughtWire Corp.
Posted 13 Feb, 2013 14:46:05 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Eric,

Yes, it could be the case. Please try to update the loader in your project with the version from the Add-in Express installation folder. Then run the adxpatch again. Let me know if the error still appears.
Posted 14 Feb, 2013 10:34:09 Top
Eric Smith

Sergey Grischenko writes:
Yes, it could be the case. Please try to update the loader in your project with the version from the Add-in Express installation folder. Then run the adxpatch again. Let me know if the error still appears.

Yes, with the loaders from the Add-in Express installation folder, adxpatch works fine.

Thanks,

Eric Smith
ThoughtWire Corp.
Posted 14 Feb, 2013 11:17:14 Top