Blocked File/Registry Actions

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Blocked File/Registry Actions

andrew.helgeland

I've noticed that McAfee is blocking file and registry actions every time I build my project. This just recently started happening, approx. 2 weeks ago. This is about the same time I upgraded to the newest version of AIX.

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) SP1
Visual Studio Premium 2010 v10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Add-in Express for Internet Explorer and .NET v8.1.5065
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise

I am working on a project that I was working on before upgrading AIX, maybe some issue here? I have replaced the adxloader.dll and adxloader64.dll in my package with the ones in the Redistributables folder.

Right now I have 306 file actions have been blocked and 88 registry actions have been blocked within the last day. Every time I click build I get 4 registry actions blocked.

Log file says:
Anti-spyware Maximum Protection:Prevent all programs from running files from the Temp folder Action blocked : Execute
Common Standard Protection:Protect Internet Explorer settings Action blocked : Delete
Common Standard Protection:Protect Internet Explorer settings Action blocked : Create
etc.

Any idea why this is happening?
Posted 18 Oct, 2012 15:42:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

I'm not sure what to do with this.

Does the same occurs for a new empty Add-in Express project? What executable creates and deletes these files?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Oct, 2012 05:50:41 Top
andrew.helgeland

When I try to set up a new project now it fails to create the .snk file... So I have no idea. It does do this for all my old test projects though.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{e6aa8b6a-1c6f-4d5b-b631-09738b9c9887}
Posted 19 Oct, 2012 09:04:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

If you added custom rules to protect registry keys/values, then try to turn them off.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Oct, 2012 11:13:00 Top