ADXIEModule in toolbar project?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADXIEModule in toolbar project?

andrew.helgeland

So, I have an "ADX IE Toolbar" project, but I need to use some of the events that are in the ADXIEModule..

Do I need to create an entirely new project and select "ADX IE Add-on" and then just put a toolbar in that, or is there a way I can just add an ADXIEModule to my existing toolbar project?

Thanks,
Andrew
Posted 03 Oct, 2012 13:22:23 Top
andrew.helgeland

Or maybe I don't need the ADXIEModule.. I'm trying to fix the following bug:

What I have:
ToolBar project (.net 4.0 and support for IE7+), the toolbar has a ToolStrip control in it
The ToolStrip has a few ToolStripDropDownButtons, ToolStripSplitButtons, ToolStripButtons, and a ToolStripComboBox.

The issues I've found:
If you open multiple tabs in IE, then in one of the tabs open one of the toolbar's dropdowns, then without selecting anything you select a different tab, the dropdown stays open. This wouldn't be a big issue, except its the dropdown for the other tab's toolbar, so the only way to close it is to go back to the other tab.

I have http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=10928, and Eugene Astafiev mentioned your developers looking in to this and the other issues mentioned in that post. I'm wondering if anyone has found a clever way to fix these issues.

Posted 03 Oct, 2012 13:38:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew,

The latest version of Add-in Express for IE provides the OnUpdateUI event (see ADXIEModule class) that fires when the state of the IE frame UI is changed. Please try to use this event to hide the dropdown. This event requires the HandleDocumentUICommands property set to true.
Posted 04 Oct, 2012 10:26:30 Top
andrew.helgeland

Nice, that sounds useful.

I'm still wondering how I could implement this in a Toolbar project though.

In http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=9375 you say "I would advise you to use 'ADX IE Toolbar' project instead of 'ADX IE Module' + 'ADX IE Toolbar'."

So, given that I have a almost completed ADX IE Toolbar project, how can I use an ADX IE Module? Could you provide me with some sample code?
Posted 05 Oct, 2012 16:11:15 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrew,

This post is devoted to another issue. The OnUpdateUI is not supported in pure toolbars/explorer bars projects. To use this event the IE extension must be a BHO.
Posted 08 Oct, 2012 04:11:34 Top